Friday 25 November 1938
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Charles Starkwether and John "Jack" Baines.
The Terror of Tiny Town, directed by Sam Newfield, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
On TV people were watching Guest Night.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 November 1938!
Which were the important events of 25 November 1938 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Catherine of Alexandria; Moses?
- Bosnia and Herzegovina: National Day (1943)
- Surinam - Independence Day (from the Netherlands, 1975)
- International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women
- Charles Starkwether: Murderer (Texas Tower).
- John "Jack" Baines: Mountaineering publisher.
- Erol Güngör: Turkish sociologist and psychologist (d. 1983).
- Rosanna Schiaffino: Italian actress (d. 2009).
- French Foreign Minister Georges Bonnet informs Léon Noël, the French Ambassador to Poland, that France should find an excuse for terminating the 1921 Franco-Polish alliance.
- The Czechoslovak parliament elects Emil Hácha as the new president of Czechoslovakia.
- Corneliu Zelea Codreanu, leader of the Romanian fascist Iron Guard, is murdered on the orders of King Carol II. Officially, Codreanu and the 13 other Iron Guard leaders are ampquotshot while trying to escapeampquot.
- A general strike is called in France by the French Communist Party to protest the laws of November 12.
- December ndash President Roosevelt agrees to loan $25 million to Chiang Kai-shek, cementing the Sino-American relationship and angering the Japanese government.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?