Thursday 3 November 1938
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Lady Vanishes, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1938.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 November 1938!
Which were the important events of 3 November 1938 ?
- St. Pirmin
- Japan - Culture Day (post 1946), Emperors Birthday (pre 1946)
- St. Winifred
- Also see November 3 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Vulganius
- St. Valentine & Hilary
- St. Valentinian
- St. Quaratus
- St. Martin de Porres
- St. Florus
- St. Domnus of Vienne
- St. Papulus
- St. Cristiolus
- Independence Day in Panama (1903, from Colombia), Dominica (1978, from Britain) and Federated States of Micronesia (1986, from France)
- St. Englatius
- R.C. Saints - November 3rd is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Acepsimas
- St. Germanus
- St. Guenhael
- St. Hermengaudis
- St. Hubert
- Pupi Avati: Italian film director and screenwriter who made his first film in 1968 entitled "Balsamus, l'uomo di Satana" (1970's film "Blood Relations").
- Martin Dunwoody: English mathematician and academic.
- Akira Kobayashi: Japanese actor and singer.
- Jean Rollin: French actor director and screenwriter.
- Takao Saito: Japanese mangaka.
- Didier Pfeiffer: French government employee, a top-ranking civil servant 1966-73. He was Director of Financial Operations 1973-76, of Investments, 1976-84 and administrator of a number of companies including the acting president of GAN.
- Bette Lord: Chinese-American writer. Her father was an official in the Chinese government before they emigrated back to the U.S. in 1946. After the Communists won the Chinese Civil War, her family stayed in the U.S., separated from a younger sister until 1962. Lord wrote an autobiography of her life in China before their emigration to the U.S. called "Eighth Moon." In 1973, she went back to China with her husband, Winston, and her reunion there with her kin led to a second book, "Spring Moon."
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?