Thursday 3 November 1938
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Takao Saito and Pupi Avati.
The Lady Vanishes, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
On TV people were watching Guest Night.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 November 1938!
Which were the important events of 3 November 1938 ?
- St. Pirmin
- Japan - Culture Day (post 1946), Emperors Birthday (pre 1946)
- St. Winifred
- Also see November 3 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Vulganius
- St. Valentine & Hilary
- St. Valentinian
- St. Quaratus
- St. Martin de Porres
- St. Florus
- St. Domnus of Vienne
- St. Papulus
- St. Cristiolus
- Independence Day in Panama (1903, from Colombia), Dominica (1978, from Britain) and Federated States of Micronesia (1986, from France)
- St. Englatius
- R.C. Saints - November 3rd is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Acepsimas
- St. Germanus
- St. Guenhael
- St. Hermengaudis
- St. Hubert
- Takao Saito: Japanese mangaka.
- Pupi Avati: Italian film director and screenwriter who made his first film in 1968 entitled "Balsamus, l'uomo di Satana" (1970's film "Blood Relations").
- Bette Lord: Chinese-American writer.
- Didier Pfeiffer: French government employee, a top-ranking civil servant 1966-73.
- Martin Dunwoody: English mathematician and academic.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 3 November 1938
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?