Saturday 5 November 1938
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Lady Vanishes, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1938.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 November 1938!
Which were the important events of 5 November 1938 ?
- R.C. Saints - November 5th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bertilia
- St. Laetus
- Pope Zachary
- St. Sylvia
- St. Magnus
- St. Galation
- St. Fibitius
- St. Felix and Eusebius
- St. Elizabeth
- St. Dominator
- Ancient Latvia - the festival Katrina
- United Kingdom and New Zealand - Guy Fawkes night (also called Bonfire night; or Fireworks night): Failure of the Gunpowder Plot to blow up Parliament in 1605 is celebrated with bonfires and fireworks.
- St. Domninus
- Chris Robinson: Florida, United States -- Actor (Stanley, General Hospital, Another World).
- Cesar Luis Menotti: Argentine footballer.
- Joe Dassin: American-born French singer-songwriter, the son of American film director Jules Dassin (1911–2008) and Béatrice Launer (1913–2005), a New York-born violinist.
- Angelino Soler: .
- César Menotti: Argentinian footballer and manager.
- Jim Steranko: American author and illustrator
- Ottawa Roughriders score on 5-man, 4-lateral, 65-yard punt return
- Rugers beats Princeton 1st time in 60 yrs as Rutgers Stad dedicated
Make this date unforgettable
Get back in touch
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?