Wednesday 2 November 1938
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jay Traynor and Ria Beckers-de Bruijn.
The Lady Vanishes, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
On TV people were watching Guest Night.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 November 1938!
Which were the important events of 2 November 1938 ?
- Catholicism - All Souls Day (unless on a Sunday)
- Rastafari movement - The coronation of Haile Selassie (1930) celebrated
- USA - admission day (1889) of North Dakota and South Dakota as 39th and 40th states.
- Ancient Latvia - Dveselu Diena held
- Mexico and the United States - Day of the Dead (Spanish: El Dia de los Muertos), a Mexican and Mexican-American celebration of dead ancestors.
- Jay Traynor: Rocker (Jay & The Americans).
- Ria Beckers-de Bruijn: Dutch MP (PPR).
- Queen Sofia: of Spain.
- David Lane: American white nationalist (d. 2007).
- Pat Buchanan: American right-wing politician with inflammatory rhetoric.
- Jimmie Foxx wins his 3rd AL MVP
- Arising from The Munich Agreement Hungary is quotawardedquot the Felvidek region of South Slovakia and Ruthenia.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?