Monday 4 March 1929
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Josep Mestres Quadreny and Darrett B Rutman.
Spies, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1929.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 March 1929!
Which were the important events of 4 March 1929 ?
- Saint Efrem
- Catholicism - Commemoration of Saint Lucius I, pope, martyr.
- Saint Peter of Pappacarbone.
- Saint Lucius I.
- Saint Pierre de Cluny.
- Feast day of Humbert III of Savoy.
- Saint Basil and his Companions.
- Saint Adrian of Nicomedia, bishop of Saint Andrew's, and his Companions.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Casimir, patron saint of Lithuania.
- United States - Inauguration Day (1789 - 1933)
- St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada - Charter Day (1881)
- Vermont - Admission Day (1791).
- Pennsylvania - Charter Day (1681).
- Wales - Feast day of Rhiannon, Celtic Moon Goddess.
- Feast day of Saint Placide Viel.
- Josep Mestres Quadreny: Catalan composer.
- Darrett B Rutman: US historian (d. 1997).
- Bernard Haitink: Dutch conductor of international allure.
- Craig Huebing: American actor who is known for his various doctor roles on soap operas.
- Harold Hassall: English footballer and manager (d. 2015).
- Wolfgang Hollegha: Austrian painter and academic
- Josep Quadreny: Spanish composer
- Darrett Rutman: American historian and academic (d. 1997)
- Elaine Shore: American actress (d. 2007)
- Peter Swerling: American theoretician and engineer (d. 2000)
- Herbert Hoover inaugurated as 31st US President.
- Charles Curtis (Republican-Kansas) becomes first native American Vice President.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?