Wednesday 25 November 1970
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Purvis Hunt and Saskia Sibilo.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to I Think I Love You by The Partridge Family.
In UK Woodstock by Matthew's Southern Comfort was in the top 5 hits.
When Moscow Laughs, directed by Boris Barnet, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while Islands In The Stream by Ernest Hemingway was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Levaci.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 November 1970!
Which were the important events of 25 November 1970 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Catherine of Alexandria; Moses?
- Bosnia and Herzegovina: National Day (1943)
- Surinam - Independence Day (from the Netherlands, 1975)
- International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women
- Purvis Hunt: NFL / WLAF guard (Houston Oilers, Scottish Claymores).
- Saskia Sibilo: Miss Suriname (1990).
- Shane Pahukoa: NFL safety (NO Saints).
- Bruno Girard: French boxer (187 cm in height) at super middleweight and light heavyweight.
- Yukio Mishima: Japanese writer whose prolific output includes novels, short stories, plays and essays.
- Yankees catcher Thurman Munson wins AL Rookie of Year
- November 29 ampndash A U.N. delegation arrives to investigate the Guinea situation.
- In Tokyo, author and Tatenokai militia leader Yukio Mishima and his followers take over the headquarters of the Japan Self-Defense Forces. After Mishima's speech fails to sway public opinion towards his right-wing political beliefs, he commits seppuku.
- East Pakistan leader Sheik Mujibur Rahman accuses the central government of negligence in catastrophe relief.
- Pope Paul VI begins an Asian tour.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Partridge Family - I Think I Love You
- Smokey Robinson - The Tears Of A Clown
- Jackson 5 - I'll Be There
- Carpenters - We've Only Just Begun
- James Taylor - Fire And Rain
- Brian Hyland - Gypsy Woman
- R. Dean Taylor - Indiana Wants Me
- Bobby Bloom - Montego Bay
- Stevie Wonder - Heaven Help Us All
- Sugarloaf - Green-Eyed Lady
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?