Saturday 25 September 1926
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Bardelys the Magnificent, directed by King Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 September 1926!
Which were the important events of 25 September 1926 ?
- Also see September 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Virgin of Fuencisla; Saint Finbarr
- Mozambique - Armed Forces Day
- French Republican Calendar - Colchique (Crocus) Day, fourth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Jack Hyles: American pastor and author (d. 2001).
- Aldo Ray: Western actor (Battle Cry), dies at 64 of cancer.
- Sergei Filatov: USSR -- Equestrian dressage (1960 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- John Ericson: German-American actor, artist, and painter.
- 9th PGA Championship: Walter Hagen at Salisbury Golf Club - Westbury, New York
- Canadian government of MacKenzie King forms
- Walter Hagen wins PGA golf tournament
- Yankees take a doubleheader from Browns to clinch AL pennant
- Henry Ford announces the 8 hour, 5-day work week.
- International slavery convention signed by 20 states.
- NHL grants franchises to Chicago Black Hawks and Detroit Red Wings.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1926 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Baby Face - Jan Garber & His Orchestra
- Lost Your Head Blues - Bessie Smith
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 25 September 1926 and get them!