Monday 25 September 1944
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Tall in the Saddle, directed by Edwin L. Marin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1944.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 September 1944!
Which were the important events of 25 September 1944 ?
- Also see September 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Virgin of Fuencisla; Saint Finbarr
- Mozambique - Armed Forces Day
- French Republican Calendar - Colchique (Crocus) Day, fourth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Doris Matsui: American politician.
- Grayson Shillingford: Dominican cricketer (d. 2009).
- Jean-Pierre Ricard: French cardinal of the Roman Catholic church and archbishop of Bordeaux et Bazes.
- Michael Douglas in New Jersey: USA; actor (Coma, Wall Street, Jewel of the Nile).
- Eugenia Zukerman in Cambridge: Mississippi, USA; flutist/novelist (Deceptive Cadence).
- Michael Douglas: American actor, director and producer, from a noted family as the first son of actor Kirk Douglas. Douglas was awarded an Oscar in 1975 as producer of the year's best picture "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" and won another Oscar in 1988 as best actor in "Wall Street."
- Paul Essartial: French breeder of racehorses.
- World War II: Surviving elements of the British 1st Airborne Division withdraw from Arnhem in the Netherlands, thus ending the Battle of Arnhem and Operation Market Garden.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1944 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?