Tuesday 21 September 1926
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
The Strong Man, directed by Frank Capra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 September 1926!
Which were the important events of 21 September 1926 ?
- Mabon - Neopagan festival of Mabon
- International Day of Peace of the United Nations, as propagated by Peace One Day
- In ancient Greece, the eighth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the secret rites in the Telesterion finish and the feast, Pannychis, begins.
- Philippines - Thanksgiving Day
- Independence Day in Malta (1964), Belize (1981) & Armenia (1991)
- Also see September 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Matthew the Evangelist
- Donald Glaser: American scientist, a physicist and genetic engineer, winner of the Nobel Prize for Science 1960.
- Don Dunstan: Fijian-Australian lawyer and politician 35th Premier of South Australia (d. 1999).
- Noor Jehan: Pakistani actress and singer (d. 2000).
- Fereydoon Moshiri: Iranian poet and critic (d. 2000).
- Reies Tijerina: American pastor and activist (d. 2015).
- Leon Charles Thevenin: French telegraph engineer (Born 1857).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1926 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Al Jolson - When the Red Red Robin Comes Bob-Bob-Bobbin' Along
- Where'd You Get Thoes Eyes? - Ted Lewis & His Band
- Mountain Greenery - Roger Wolfe Kahn & His Orchestra
- Valencia (A Song of Spain) - Revelers
- Only You and Lonely Me - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 21 September 1926 and get them!