Thursday 26 July 1928
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
The Mating Call, directed by James Cruze, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1928.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 July 1928!
Which were the important events of 26 July 1928 ?
- Francesco Cossiga: Italian politician who founded a transitional centrist government which united various parties in 1979.
- Hans Haselbock: Composer.
- Tadeusz Baird: Polish composer (Giocosa).
- Don Beauman: English race car driver (d. 1955).
- Elliott Erwitt: French-American photographer and director.
- Ibn-e-Safi : Pakistani fiction writer and Urdu poet (Born 1928)
- Peter Lougheed: Canadian lawyer and politician 10th Premier of Alberta (d. 2012)
- Sally Oppenheim-Barnes: Baroness Oppenheim-Barnes English politician
- Bernice Rubens: Welsh author (d. 2004)
- Joe Jackson: Family Member
- Stanley Kubrick: American film director, screenwriter, producer, cinematographer, and editor who did much of his work in the United Kingdom. He is regarded by many as one of the greatest filmmakers of all time. His films, typically adaptations of novels or short stories, are noted for their "dazzling" and unique cinematography, attention to detail in the service of realism, and the evocative use of music. Kubrick's films covered a variety of genres, including war, crime, literary adaptations, romantic and black
- Stanley Kubrick in New York City New York USA director (2001: A Space Odyssey, Dr Strangelove, Lolita).
- Gene Tunney TKOs Tom Heeney in 11 for heavyweight boxing title
- Yanks score 11 runs in 12th beating Tigers 12-1
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?