Wednesday 11 July 1928
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
The Sad Sack, directed by Jean Renoir, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 July 1928!
Which were the important events of 11 July 1928 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- Feast Day of Saint Olga (first Russian Saint)
- United Nations - World Population Day
- Ireland - National Day of Commemoration held on nearest Sunday to this date (see Irish calendar).
- China - China National Maritime Day
- Flanders, region in Belgium (not a public holiday) - Flemish Day (1302 Battle of the Golden Spurs)
- Nic Jonk: Sculptor / painter (Jonas & the Whale).
- Robert Washburn: Composer.
- Michel Aurillac: French government administrative officer and politician.
- Greville Janner: Baron Janner of Braunstone Welsh-English lawyer and politician (d. 2015).
- Bobo Olson: American boxer (d. 2002).
- Jane Gardam: English writer of children's and adult fiction.
- Pedro Soto Suarez: Puerto Rican writer, journalist and teacher. He received his primary and secondary education in Catano and Bayamon. At 18 Soto went to New York, where he received his Bachelor of Arts from the University of Long Island; He served one year in the US Army and then continued his studies at Columbia University, where he earned a Master of Arts (1953). In New York he started in journalism. He returned to Puerto Rico in 1955, in whose university he taught literature at the Río Piedras, where he retire
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?