Wednesday 11 July 1928
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Nic Jonk and Robert Washburn.
The Sad Sack, directed by Jean Renoir, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 July 1928!
Which were the important events of 11 July 1928 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- Feast Day of Saint Olga (first Russian Saint)
- United Nations - World Population Day
- Ireland - National Day of Commemoration held on nearest Sunday to this date (see Irish calendar).
- China - China National Maritime Day
- Flanders, region in Belgium (not a public holiday) - Flemish Day (1302 Battle of the Golden Spurs)
- Nic Jonk: Sculptor / painter (Jonas & the Whale).
- Robert Washburn: Composer.
- Michel Aurillac: French government administrative officer and politician.
- Jane Gardam: English writer of children's and adult fiction.
- Pedro Soto Suarez: Puerto Rican writer, journalist and teacher.
- Greville Janner: Baron Janner of Braunstone Welsh-English lawyer and politician (d. 2015)
- Bobo Olson: American boxer (d. 2002)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 11 July 1928
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?