Friday 26 July 1968
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Grazing In The Grass by Hugh Masekela.
In UK Baby Come Back by The Equals was in the top 5 hits.
Hang 'Em High, directed by Ted Post, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while Testimony Of Two Men by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1968.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 July 1968!
Which were the important events of 26 July 1968 ?
- Armand Las Cuevas: retired French racing cyclist.
- Frederic Diefenthal: French actor and director.
- Frédéric Diefenthal: French film actor and author, he had a main role in the French TV serie "The Judge is a Woman" in the 1990s.
- Jim Naismith: Scottish biologist and academic.
- Olivia Williams: English actress.
- Lilian Harvey: British actress (Congress Dances).
- Vietnam War: South Vietnamese opposition leader Truong ?inh Dzu is sentenced to five years hard labor for advocating the formation of a coalition government as a way to move toward an end to the war.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Hugh Masekela - Grazing In The Grass
- Gary Puckett - Lady Willpower
- The 5th Dimension - Stoned Soul Picnic
- The Rolling Stones - Jumpin' Jack Flash
- Cliff Nobles - The Horse
- Donovan - Hurdy Gurdy Man
- Herb Alpert - This Guy's In Love With You
- Mason Williams - Classical Gas
- The Doors - Hello, I Love You
- The Cowsills - Indian Lake
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?