Saturday 27 May 1911
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
The Infant at Snakeville, directed by Gilbert M. 'Broncho Billy' Anderson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1911.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 May 1911!
Which were the important events of 27 May 1911 ?
- Mother's Day in Bolivia (Dfa de la Madre)
- Bruno, Bishop of Wnrzburg
- Pope John I
- Saint Julius the Veteran
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Venerable Bede
- Lag Ba'omer in Judaism (2005)
- Children's Day in Nigeria
- Fritz Knöchlein: German nazi military, SS-Obersturmbannführer (Lieutenant Colonel) during the Second World War who was subsequently convicted and executed for war crimes.
- Torolf Elster: Norwegian newspaper and radio journalist, magazine editor, novelist, crime writer, and writer of short stories.
- Hubert H Humphrey: 38th Vice President of the United States and Senator from Minnesota (d. 1978).
- Fritz Knochlein: Germany Military man.
- Hubert Humphrey: American politician who served as Vice-President of the United States from 1965-1969 under President Lyndon B. Johnson.
- Teddy Kollek: Mayor of Jerusalem for 28 years (1965 to 1993) and founder of the Jerusalem Foundation. During his tenure, Jerusalem developed into a modern city, especially after its reunification in 1967. He was once called "the greatest builder of Jerusalem since Herod."
- Vincent Price: American actor and author who was best known for elegantly sophisticated horror roles. He also was known as an art expert and the author of cook books and art books.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1911 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- To the Strains of That Wedding March (It's a Long, Long Walk) - Billy Murray
- Come, Josephine, in My Flying Machine - Harry Tally
- The Story of the Rose - John Barnes Wells
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in May 1911?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?