Monday 29 May 1911
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
The Infant at Snakeville, directed by Gilbert M. 'Broncho Billy' Anderson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1911.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 May 1911!
Which were the important events of 29 May 1911 ?
- Nigeria: Democracy Day.
- Saint Theodosia
- Bah�'f Faith: Ascension of Bah�'u'llah.
- United Kingdom: Oak Apple Day.
- Venezuela: Tree Day.
- Saint Erwin
- Saint Maximinus of Trier
- Argentina: Army Day.
- Blessed Adhemar
- Louis Wain: agricultural scientist.
- James Marjoribanks: British ambassador.
- Annie Berntsen: Norwegian missionary who served in China and Hong Kong.
- Louis Chevalier: French historian with interests in geography, demography and sociology.
- Francisco Rojas Tollinchi: Puerto Rican poet and journalist.
- Ondine Tharp: American minister educated only in fundamentalist Christian theology, Tharp was unacceptable as a female minister in the more comfortable and profitable locales dominated by male preachers. Strongly driven to communicate her beliefs, she nonetheless became a Baptist preacher serving the religious needs of the poorest enclaves of Ozark Mountain people. With her handyman husband and daughter, they traveled the circuit in poverty as abject as that of their parishioners, at times living in their anc
- Armida : Mexican-American stage, vaudeville and film star (d. 1989)
- 1st running of Indianapolis 500
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1911 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- To the Strains of That Wedding March (It's a Long, Long Walk) - Billy Murray
- Come, Josephine, in My Flying Machine - Harry Tally
- The Story of the Rose - John Barnes Wells
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in May 1911?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?