Wednesday 31 May 1911
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
The Infant at Snakeville, directed by Gilbert M. 'Broncho Billy' Anderson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1911.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 May 1911!
Which were the important events of 31 May 1911 ?
- World No Tobacco Day.
- Syaday (Discordianism) (5th day of the season of Confusion, honors Apostle Sri Syadasti).
- Saint Gislemerio
- Saint Mechtilde of Diessen
- Saint Petronella.
- the Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- The Godiva procession.
- IT Day.
- Edward Adamson: Art therapist / collector.
- Maurice Allais: French economist and physicist Nobel Prize laureate (d. 2010).
- Leonard Boden: Leonard Boden was a Scottish portrait painter and illustrator.
- The ocean liner R.M.S. Titanic is launched.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1911 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- To the Strains of That Wedding March (It's a Long, Long Walk) - Billy Murray
- Come, Josephine, in My Flying Machine - Harry Tally
- The Story of the Rose - John Barnes Wells
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in May 1911?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?