Sunday 27 October 1912
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
The Adventures of Lieutenant Petrosino, directed by Sidney M. Goldin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1912.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 October 1912!
Which were the important events of 27 October 1912 ?
- St. Namatius
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines - Independence Day (from Britain, 1979)
- Turkmenistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- St. Desiderius
- R.C. saints - October 27th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Abraham the Poor
- St. Vincent, Sabina, & Christeta
- St. Capitolina
- St. Odhran
- St. Elesbaan
- St. Florentius
- St. Frumentius, the saint who introduced Christianity into Ethiopia.
- St. Gaudiosus
- St. Abban of Murnevin
- Conlon Nancarrow: Texarkana, Arkansas -- Composer (Soundings 4).
- Madeleine Sologne: French comedienne and actress of stage and film, onscreen in Jean Renoir's "Le Vie Est a Nous," 1936 and starring in "L'Eternal Retour," 1943.
- Thore Boye: Norwegian diplomat.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1912 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- John McCormack - The Rosary
- The Ragtime Jockey Man - Maurice Burkhardt & Peerless Quartet
- Goodbye, Everybody - Walter Van Brunt
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in October 1912?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?