Tuesday 8 October 1912
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Felix Franco-Oppenheimer and John Gardner.
The Life and Death of King Richard III, directed by Andr Calmettes, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1912.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 October 1912!
Which were the important events of 8 October 1912 ?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- RC Saints - Saint Susan of Blois
- Felix Franco-Oppenheimer: Puerto Rican poet, essayist, literary critic and university professor.
- John Gardner: American public service employee, founder and head of the "citizen action" organization Common Cause, who had a long and distinguished public service career that included serving as U.S.
- Frances Sakoian: American astrologer, Director of New England School of Astrology and former President of the New England Astrological Association in 1981.
- Herv? Roy: Ch?teauneuf/Loire Military man.
- Wilhelm Kuhe: Composer, dies at 88.
- First Balkan War begins: Montenegro declares war against Turkey.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1912 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Oh! You Circus Day - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- When You're Away - American Quartet
- Sweetheart Sue - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in October 1912?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?