Friday 27 October 1933
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Blood of a Poet, directed by Jean Cocteau, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 October 1933!
Which were the important events of 27 October 1933 ?
- St. Namatius
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines - Independence Day (from Britain, 1979)
- Turkmenistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- St. Desiderius
- R.C. saints - October 27th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Abraham the Poor
- St. Vincent, Sabina, & Christeta
- St. Capitolina
- St. Odhran
- St. Elesbaan
- St. Florentius
- St. Frumentius, the saint who introduced Christianity into Ethiopia.
- St. Gaudiosus
- St. Abban of Murnevin
- Floyd Cramer: Louisiana, United States -- Cowboy singer (Last Date, On the Rebound).
- Ryō Hanmura: Japanese author (d. 2002).
- John Sturdy: Scholar.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1933 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- The Old Spinning Wheel - Ray Noble & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 27 October 1933 and get them!