Thursday 27 October 1932
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Kathy Cornelius and Sylvia Plath [Victoria Lucas].
Boudu Saved from Drowning, directed by Jean Renoir, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1932
On TV people were watching Talkie Songs.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 October 1932!
Which were the important events of 27 October 1932 ?
- St. Namatius
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines - Independence Day (from Britain, 1979)
- Turkmenistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- St. Desiderius
- R.C. saints - October 27th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Abraham the Poor
- St. Vincent, Sabina, & Christeta
- St. Capitolina
- St. Odhran
- St. Elesbaan
- St. Florentius
- St. Frumentius, the saint who introduced Christianity into Ethiopia.
- St. Gaudiosus
- St. Abban of Murnevin
- Kathy Cornelius: LPGA golfer.
- Sylvia Plath [Victoria Lucas]: United States -- Poet (Colossus, 3 Women, Bell Jar).
- Pierre Béquet: French designer and engraver of postage stamps, who created more than 700 stamp designs for the French Post Office and several countries of newly independent Francophone Africa.
- Jean-Pierre Cassel: French actor and father of a noted family of actors, his children are Vincent and Cécile.
- Sylvia Plath: American poet and novelist known for her exquisite poetry and her autobiographical novel, “The Bell Jar,” published in 1963.
- Pierre Cassel: Paris 13éme Actor
- Harry Gregg: Northern Irish footballer and manager
- Dolores Moore: American baseball player (Born 1932)
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?