Thursday 27 October 1932
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Boudu Saved from Drowning, directed by Jean Renoir, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1932
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 October 1932!
Which were the important events of 27 October 1932 ?
- St. Namatius
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines - Independence Day (from Britain, 1979)
- Turkmenistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- St. Desiderius
- R.C. saints - October 27th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Abraham the Poor
- St. Vincent, Sabina, & Christeta
- St. Capitolina
- St. Odhran
- St. Elesbaan
- St. Florentius
- St. Frumentius, the saint who introduced Christianity into Ethiopia.
- St. Gaudiosus
- St. Abban of Murnevin
- Pierre Cassel: Paris 13éme Actor.
- Pierre Béquet: French designer and engraver of postage stamps, who created more than 700 stamp designs for the French Post Office and several countries of newly independent Francophone Africa.
- Harry Gregg: Northern Irish footballer and manager.
- Dolores Moore: American baseball player (Born 1932).
- Jean-Pierre Cassel: French actor and father of a noted family of actors, his children are Vincent and Cécile.
- Sylvia Plath: American poet and novelist known for her exquisite poetry and her autobiographical novel, “The Bell Jar,” published in 1963. The novel centers on a young woman with a fragile hold on life. Plath committed suicide shortly after its publication.
- Kathy Cornelius: LPGA golfer
- Sylvia Plath [Victoria Lucas]: United States -- Poet (Colossus, 3 Women, Bell Jar)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 27 October 1932 and get them!