Tuesday 17 October 1933
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include William A Anders in Hong Kong Major General and Bill Anders.
Bombshell, directed by Jean Harlow, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 October 1933!
Which were the important events of 17 October 1933 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ignatius of Antioch; translation of Saint Audrey (�thelthryth); Saint Richard Gwyn
- United States - Black Poetry Day
- UN International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
- French Republican Calendar - Aubergine (Eggplant) Day, twenty-sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Haiti - Jean-Jacques Dessalines (1806), State holiday
- William A Anders in Hong Kong Major General: US Air Force/astronaut (Apollo 8).
- Bill Anders: American astronaut.
- Jeanine Deckers: Belgian singer-songwriter better known as Sœur Sourire and initially a member of the Dominican Order in Belgium as Sister Luc Gabrielle.
- William Anders: Hong Kong-American general and astronaut.
- The Singing Nun: Belgian singer-songwriter guitarist and nun (d. 1985).
- Albert Einstein flees Nazi Germany and moves to the United States.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?