Tuesday 17 October 1933
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include William A Anders in Hong Kong Major General and Bill Anders.
Bombshell, directed by Jean Harlow, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1933.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 October 1933!
Which were the important events of 17 October 1933 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ignatius of Antioch; translation of Saint Audrey (�thelthryth); Saint Richard Gwyn
- United States - Black Poetry Day
- UN International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
- French Republican Calendar - Aubergine (Eggplant) Day, twenty-sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Haiti - Jean-Jacques Dessalines (1806), State holiday
- William A Anders in Hong Kong Major General: US Air Force/astronaut (Apollo 8).
- Bill Anders: American astronaut.
- Jeanine Deckers: Belgian singer-songwriter better known as Sœur Sourire and initially a member of the Dominican Order in Belgium as Sister Luc Gabrielle.
- William Anders: Hong Kong-American general and astronaut.
- The Singing Nun: Belgian singer-songwriter guitarist and nun (d. 1985).
- Albert Einstein flees Nazi Germany and moves to the United States.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?