Friday 1 September 1911
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Romeo and Juliet, directed by Barry O'Neil, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1911.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 September 1911!
Which were the important events of 1 September 1911 ?
- Start of the season when oysters are fit to eat (when month names contain an "R")
- Uzbekistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- In the Eastern Orthodox Church, the new liturgical year begins on September 1. Also see September 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- Church of England - Saint Giles
- Cameroon - Jour d'Union Nationale Camerounaise
- Libya - Revolution Day (1969)
- Russia - Knowledge Day
- Singapore - Teacher's Day
- Start of the partridge-shooting season ("St.Partridge").
- Slovakia - Constitution Day
- Start of cold season.
- Start of new school year in many countries.
Famous Birthdays:01 September
- M Fourny sets world aircraft distance record of 720 km.
- The armored cruiser Georgios Averof is commissioned into the Greek Navy. It now serves as a museum ship.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1911 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- All Alone - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
- Selections from The Pink Lady - Prince's Orchestra
- By the Saskatchewan - Reinald Werrenrath & Haydn Quartet
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in September 1911?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?