Friday 29 September 1911
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
A Tale of the Australian Bush, directed by Gaston Mervale, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1911.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 September 1911!
Which were the important events of 29 September 1911 ?
- Argentina, Inventor's Day - L�szl= J=zsef Bfr='s birthday.
- England, Ireland - One of the four Quarter days in the Irish calendar
- Also see September 29 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Michaelmas - Christian feast of the Archangels St. Michael, St. Gabriel, and St. Raphael
- French Republican Calendar - Amarante (Amaranth) Day, eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Reginald Victor Jones: CH, FRS natural philosopher.
- H Vines: Los Angeles sports Champions.
- Ellsworth Vines: American tennis champion who won the Men's Singles Championship at Wimbledon in 1932.
- Yanks steal 15 bases and get 13 walks, beating Browns 16-12; with a major-league record 6 stolen bases in 1 inning
- Italy declares war on the Ottoman Empire.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1911 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- I Want a Girl Just Like the Girl That Married Dear Old Dad - Peerless Quartet (Columbia Male Quartet)
- March of the Toys - Victor Herbert & His Orchestra
- Chicken Reel - Frank Stanley & Byron G. Harlan
- June - Walter Van Brunt
- Dear, Delightful Women - Reinald Werrenrath
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in September 1911?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?