Saturday 16 September 1911
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean Reboul and Wilfred Burchett.
Besiegte Sieger, directed by Walter Schmidthssler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1911.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 September 1911!
Which were the important events of 16 September 1911 ?
- Mexico - Independence Day (from Spain; proclaimed 1810, recognised 1821, instituted 1825; See Fiestas Patrias)
- Also see September 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Cyprian, Pope Cornelius, Saint Ludmila
- In ancient Greece, the third day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates walked to the sea at Phaleron and purified themselves in the water.
- Papua New Guinea - Independence Day (from Australia, 1975)
- Jean Reboul: Nancy physician.
- Wilfred Burchett: Australia -- Communist / writer (Catapult to Freedom).
- Paul Henning: American TV/film producer and writer (Born 1911).
- Edward Whymper: English-French mountaineer explorer author and illustrator (d. 1911).
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1911 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Alexander's Ragtime Band - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- A Perfect Day - Cecil Fanning
- Gems from Florodora - Victor Light Opera Co.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in September 1911?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?