Thursday 28 September 1972
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Baby Don't Get Hooked On Me by Mac Davis.
In UK Mama Weer All Crazee Now by Slade was in the top 5 hits.
The Last House on the Left, directed by Wes Craven, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1972.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 September 1972!
Which were the important events of 28 September 1972 ?
- Feast day of the following RC Saints Leoba
- St. Wenceslas
- French Republican Calendar - Carotte (Carrot) Day, seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Taiwan - Teacher's Day (Confucius' birthday)
- Czech Republic - Czech Statehood Day
- Also see September 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lorenzo Ruiz
- Cathy Caverzasio: Switzerland -- Tennis star.
- Dena Querubin: Waterford, New Jersey -- Miss America (1996).
- Greg Ivy: NFL punter (Atlanta Falcons).
- John Light: English actor.
- Kevin Macleod: Composer.
- Dita Von Teese: American burlesque artist
- Maurice Thiriet: French composer of classical and film music.
- David Bowie sells out his 1st show in New York Carnegie Hall
- Japan and Communist China agree to re-establish diplomatic relations.
- The Canadian national men's hockey team defeats the Soviet national ice hockey team in Game 8 of the 1972 Summit Series (French: La Série du Siècle, Russian: Суперсерия СССР — Канада), 6–5, to win the series 4–3–1.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?