Wednesday 29 November 1944
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Felix Cavaliere in Pelham and Twink .
I'll Be Seeing You, directed by William Dieterle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1944.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 November 1944!
Which were the important events of 29 November 1944 ?
- former Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia - Republic Day
- International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People
- Israel - Kaftet be-November (commemoration of the U.N. decision in 1947 to partition Palestine)
- Albania - Liberation Day (Dita e �lirimit)
- Brendan of Birr or Brendan the Younger
- Saint Cuthbert Mayne, martyr
- Feast days of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Saturnin
- Denis of the Nativity and Redemptus of the Cross
- Felix Cavaliere in Pelham: New York, USA; rocker (Rascals - "Lonely too Long").
- Twink : English singer-songwriter drummer and actor (The Pretty Things Pink Fairies Tomorrow and Stars).
- Albania liberated from Nazi control (National Day)
- John Hopkins Hospital performs first open heart surgery.
- The first surgery (on a human) to correct blue baby syndrome is performed by Alfred Blalock and Vivien Thomas.
- Albania is liberated by the Albanian partisans.
- WWII: Submarine USS ''Archer-Fish'' sinks Japanese aircraft carrier
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?