Tuesday 30 June 1959
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gina Goldberg and Michel Dion.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to The Battle Of New Orleans by Johnny Horton.
In UK Roulette by Russ Conway was in the top 5 hits.
The Hound of the Baskervilles, directed by Terence Fisher, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while The Ugly American by William J. Lederer and Eugene Burdick was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Juke Box Jury.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 June 1959!
Which were the important events of 30 June 1959 ?
- Independence Day in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- First Martyrs of the See of Rome.
- Gina Goldberg: Playmate (May, 1981).
- Michel Dion: Quebec City, Quebec -- Rifle shooter (1992, 96 Olympics).
- Stephanie Farwig: Milwaukee, Wisconsin -- Golfer (1994 LPGA Corning Classic-2nd).
- Jean-Luc Romero: French politician, writer and NGO leader.
- Vincent D'Onofrio: American actor.
- Daniel Goldhagen: American political scientist author and academic
- Brendan Perry: English singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (Dead Can Dance and The Scavengers)
- Sakis Tsiolis: Greek footballer and manager
- Sandip Verma: Baroness Verma Indian-English businesswoman and politician
- During a game in Wrigley Field, two balls are in play at same time.
- A United States Air Force F-100 Super Sabre from Kadena Air Base, Okinawa, crashes into a nearby elementary school, killing 11 students plus six residents from the local neighborhood.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 30 June 1959
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Johnny Horton - The Battle Of New Orleans
- Lloyd Price - Personality
- Paul Anka - Lonely Boy
- Bobby Darin - Dream Lover
- Connie Francis - Lipstick On Your Collar
- Freddy Cannon - Tallahassee Lassie
- Wilbert Harrison - Kansas City
- Martin Denny - Quiet Village
- The Coasters - Along Came Jones
- Dion and the Belmonts - A Teenager In Love
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?