Monday 30 May 1949
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Edward, My Son, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1949.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 May 1949!
Which were the important events of 30 May 1949 ?
- Saint Reinhilde
- Peru ? National Potato Day .
- United States ? Memorial Day (originally ? currently last Monday in May).
- Saint Ferdinand III
- Saint Gabinus
- Saint Jeanne d'Arc
- Trinidad and Tobago ? Indian Arrival Day(National Holiday).
- PJ Carlesimo: American basketball head coach, Warriors.
- Hans Baumgartner: German athlete, long jumper, he won the silver medal at the 1972 Munich Olympics.
- Lydell Mitchell: American football player.
- Jean-Luc Rougé: French judoka, fighting in the under 93 kg weight division, who was the first French judoka to win gold medal at the World Judo Championships in 1975.
- P Carlesimo: American basketball player and coach.
- Paul Coleridge: English lawyer and judge
- Klaus Flouride: American bass player songwriter and producer (Dead Kennedys)
- Bob Willis: English cricketer and sportscaster
- Emmanuel Celestin Suhard: French Cardinal of the Roman Catholic Church (Born 1874).
- East Germans constitution approved
- NPS / VHP win 1st general election in Suriname
- WRTV TV channel 6 in Indianapolis, IN (ABC) begins broadcasting
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1949 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Riders in the Sky (A Cowboy Legend) - Peggy Lee
- Some Enchanted Evening - Bing Crosby
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?