Tuesday 30 May 1950
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bertrand Delanoe and Dann Glenn.
The Asphalt Jungle, directed by John Huston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Armstrong Circle Theatre.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 May 1950!
Which were the important events of 30 May 1950 ?
- Saint Reinhilde
- Peru ? National Potato Day .
- United States ? Memorial Day (originally ? currently last Monday in May).
- Saint Ferdinand III
- Saint Gabinus
- Saint Jeanne d'Arc
- Trinidad and Tobago ? Indian Arrival Day(National Holiday).
- Bertrand Delanoe: French politician.
- Dann Glenn: American Guitarist and Composer.
- Jean-Pierre Balligand: French politician, a member of the National Assembly of France and representative of the 3rd constituency of the Aisne department.
- Bertrand Delanoë: French politician, the Mayor of Paris and openly gay.
- Paresh Rawal: Indian actor producer and politician.
- Joshua Rozenberg: English lawyer journalist and author
- Patty Berg wins LPGA Eastern Golf Open.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1950 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Kay Starr - Bonaparte's Retreat
- Count Every Star - Ray Anthony
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?