Thursday 30 June 1949
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Fountainhead, directed by King Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1949.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 June 1949!
Which were the important events of 30 June 1949 ?
- Independence Day in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- First Martyrs of the See of Rome.
- Alain Finkielkraut: French philosopher and political commentator, influenced by Jewish philosophers Emmanuel Levinas, Leo Strauss and Hannah Arendt.
- Bui Thanh Liem: Vietnam -- Cosmonaut.
- Thanh Liem Bui: Vietnam -- Cosmonaut.
- Uwe Kliemann: German footballer coach and manager.
- Andy Scott: Welsh singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (Sweet).
- Dutch troops evacuate Djakarta
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1949 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Room Full of Roses - Dick Haymes
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?