Tuesday 30 October 1962
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to He's A Rebel by The Crystals.
In UK Telstar by The Tornados was in the top 5 hits.
Gypsy, directed by Mervyn LeRoy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while A Shade Of Difference by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1962.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 October 1962!
Which were the important events of 30 October 1962 ?
- St. Macarius
- Also see October 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Zenobius & Zenobia
- St. Theonestus
- St. Talacrian
- St. Serapion
- USA - Mischief Night in some areas (known as Devil's Night in Detroit)
- St. Saturninus
- St. Marcel
- Bl. John Slade
- St. Herbert
- St. Dorothy of Montau
- St. Artemas
- St. Arilda
- St. Alfonso Rodrfguez
- Calendar of Saints - October 30th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Bl. Angelus of Acri
- St. Maximus
- Kristina Wagner: American actress, also known as Christina Malandro.
- Paul Jacobs: American businessman, he became CEO of Qualcomm on July 1, 2005 and a member of its board of directors.
- Rex Harrington: Canadian ballet dancer, star principal dancer with the National Ballet of Canada.
- Danny Tartabull: Miami, Florida -- Outfielder (New York Yankees, Chicago White Sox).
- Mark Portugal: American pro baseball pitcher who has played on the American League for four years and the National League for nine years as of 1998.
- Courtney Walsh: Jamaican West Indies cricketer
- Arnaud Montebourg: French socialist minister (industrial Renewal) he was dismissed by President François Hollande, in agreement with Prime Minister Manuel Valls, in August 2014.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Crystals - He's A Rebel
- Gene Pitney - Only Love Can Break A Heart
- The Contours - Do You Love Me
- Bobby (Boris) Pickett - Monster Mash
- Brenda Lee - All Alone Am I
- The 4 Seasons - Big Girls Don't Cry
- Johnny Mathis - Gina
- Chubby Checker - Limbo Rock
- Neil Sedaka - Next Door To An Angel
- Elvis Presley - Return To Sender
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?