Wednesday 16 July 1958
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Michael Flatley and Christine Gozlan.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to The Purple People Eater by Sheb Wooley.
In UK All I Have To Do Is Dream / Claudette by The Everly Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
The Fly, directed by Kurt Neumann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while The Greengage Summer by Rumer Godden was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Frontier Justice.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 July 1958!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 16 July 1958 ?
- Botswana - President's Day (2nd day)
- Catholic - Feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel
- Michael Flatley: Irish-American dancer who taps a magical 28 taps a second.
- Christine Gozlan
- Pierre Roland Renoir: Monaco-born Canadian painter.
- Mike D Rogers: American politician.
- Pierre Renoir: Monacan-Canadian painter.
- Mike Rogers: American politician.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sheb Wooley - The Purple People Eater
- The Coasters - Yakety Yak
- Elvis Presley - Hard Headed Woman
- Ricky Nelson - Poor Little Fool
- Bobby Darin - Splish Splash
- Perez Prado and His Orchestra - Patricia
- The Everly Brothers - All I Have To Do Is Dream
- Jody Reynolds - Endless Sleep
- Jimmie Rodgers - Secretly
- Duane Eddy - Rebel-'Rouser
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?