Saturday 1 August 1942US date format: 8/1/1942, UK date format: 1/8/1942
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo (see birth chart on August 1, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jerry Garcia and Giancarlo Giannini.
Wake Island, directed by John Farrow, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 August 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 August 1942!
Which were the important events of 1 August 1942 ?
- Orthodox Christianity - Procession of the Cross
- Barbados, Trinidad and Tobago - Emancipation Day
- St. Pellegrini/Peregrinus
- Angola - Armed Forces Day
- Switzerland - National Day
- Benin - National Day
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Kam�l (Perfection) - First day of the eighth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Sts. Faith, Hope, and Charity (sisters).
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Ethelwolf
- Yorkshire, United Kingdom - Yorkshire Day
- People's Republic of China - Anniversary of the Founding of the People's Liberation Army
- Lughnasadh - L� L�nasa, the traditional first day of Autumn in Ireland.
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the liberation of Haile Selassie from slavery
- Nicaragua - Fiesta Day
- Lammas - Neopagan festival of Lammas
- Lebanon - Army's Day (Eid al-Jaysh)
- World Scout Day - anniversary of the first day of the Brownsea Island Camp in 1907, where Robert Baden-Powell began scouting.
- Democratic Republic of Congo - Parent's Day
- Jerry Garcia: American musician (guitar), singer and...
- Giancarlo Giannini: Italian sad eyed actor, the tragicomic...
- Jacques Leibowitch
- Gilbert Roseau
- Andre Gagnon: French Canadian pianist and composer.
- Adriano Sofri: Italian homicide accomplice, a member of...
- Jerry Garcia in San Francisco: California, USA; rocker (Grateful Dead -...
- Deurne soccer team forms
- German occupier demands listing of all Dutch telephone subscribers
- Race riots in Harlem, New York