Sunday 1 August 1920US date format: 8/1/1920, UK date format: 1/8/1920
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 1, 1920). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sammy Lee and Maria Cole.
The Penalty, directed by Wallace Worsley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 August 1920
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 August 1920!
Which were the important events of 1 August 1920 ?
- Orthodox Christianity - Procession of the Cross
- Barbados, Trinidad and Tobago - Emancipation Day
- St. Pellegrini/Peregrinus
- Angola - Armed Forces Day
- Switzerland - National Day
- Benin - National Day
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Kam�l (Perfection) - First day of the eighth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Sts. Faith, Hope, and Charity (sisters).
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Ethelwolf
- Yorkshire, United Kingdom - Yorkshire Day
- People's Republic of China - Anniversary of the Founding of the People's Liberation Army
- Lughnasadh - L� L�nasa, the traditional first day of Autumn in Ireland.
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the liberation of Haile Selassie from slavery
- Nicaragua - Fiesta Day
- Lammas - Neopagan festival of Lammas
- Lebanon - Army's Day (Eid al-Jaysh)
- World Scout Day - anniversary of the first day of the Brownsea Island Camp in 1907, where Robert Baden-Powell began scouting.
- Democratic Republic of Congo - Parent's Day
- Sammy Lee: American swimmer, an Olympic gold medal diving champion, the first Asian American to win an Olympic gold medal for the United States.
- Maria Cole: Boston, Massachusetts.
- Raul Renter: Estonian economist and chess player (d. 1992).
- Jeffrey Segal: English actor (d.2015).
- Bal Gangadhar Tilak: Indian nationalist leader (Born 1856).
- Papendrecht soccer team forms
- Peace of Riga-Independence of Latvia
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1920 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Left All Alone Again Blues - Marion Harris
- John McCormack - The Barefoot Trail
- My Sahara Rose - Happy Six
- Alexandria - Joseph C. Smith's Orchestra