Friday 1 August 1952
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Brian Patrick Clarke in Gettysburg and C L Whittington.
Full House, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Shining Tides by Win Brooks was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Masquerade Party.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 August 1952!
Which were the important events of 1 August 1952 ?
- Orthodox Christianity - Procession of the Cross
- Barbados, Trinidad and Tobago - Emancipation Day
- St. Pellegrini/Peregrinus
- Angola - Armed Forces Day
- Switzerland - National Day
- Benin - National Day
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Kam�l (Perfection) - First day of the eighth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Sts. Faith, Hope, and Charity (sisters).
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Ethelwolf
- Yorkshire, United Kingdom - Yorkshire Day
- People's Republic of China - Anniversary of the Founding of the People's Liberation Army
- Lughnasadh - L� L�nasa, the traditional first day of Autumn in Ireland.
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the liberation of Haile Selassie from slavery
- Nicaragua - Fiesta Day
- Lammas - Neopagan festival of Lammas
- Lebanon - Army's Day (Eid al-Jaysh)
- World Scout Day - anniversary of the first day of the Brownsea Island Camp in 1907, where Robert Baden-Powell began scouting.
- Democratic Republic of Congo - Parent's Day
- Brian Patrick Clarke in Gettysburg: Pennsylvania, USA; actor (Merle - Eight is Enough).
- C L Whittington: WLAF defensive coach (Frankfurt Galaxy).
- Nancy Lopez: Professional golfer.
- Zoran ?in?ic: Prime Minister of Serbia (d. 2003).
- Zoran Djindjic: Bosnian politician, Prime Minister who survived an assassination attempt on 2/21/2003, 9:20 AM MET, Belgrade.
- Zoran Đinđić: Serbian philosopher and politician 6th Prime Minister of Serbia (d. 2003)
- Yajurvindra Singh: Former Indian cricketer
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1952 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?