Saturday 9 August 1952
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Prateep Ungsongtham Hata and Lina Accurso.
Full House, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Gown Of Glory by Agnes Sligh Turnbull was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Masquerade Party.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 August 1952!
Which were the important events of 9 August 1952 ?
- St. Nathy (or David)
- Feast day of the great martyr Saint Panteleimon in Russian Orthodox Church
- St. Fedlimid/Felimy
- St. Romanus Ostiarius
- St. Edith Stein
- Singapore: National Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Jean Vianney
- Prateep Ungsongtham Hata: Thai politician.
- Lina Accurso: American pro astrologer, author of magazine articles.
- Vicki Morgan: American homicide victim; the mistress from the age of 18 of financier Alfred Bloomingdale.
- Ulrike Voltmer: German opera and concert singer, a member of the Green-Party, a professional astrologer and active member of the Deutscher Astrologen Verband/DAV and published author.
- Prateep Hata: Thai activist and politician.
- General strike against overtime conscription in Belgium
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?