Sunday 24 August 1952
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Linton Kwesi Johnson and Peter Vogel.
Big Jim McLain, directed by Edward Ludwig, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Houses In Between by Howard Spring was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 August 1952!
Which were the important events of 24 August 1952 ?
- Liberia: Flag Day
- RC Saints - Feast day of Saint Bartholomew
- Roman festivals - first of the 3 days on which the mundus was opened
- Ukraine: National Holiday, independence from Russia (1991)
- Sierra Leone: President's Birthday
- Linton Kwesi Johnson: Jamaican dub poet.
- Peter Vogel: German footballer.
- Carlo Curley: American concert organist, he was born into a musical family and early on had private lessons, ultimately studying with two of the world's finest organists, Virgil Fox and Sir George Thalben-Ball.
- Holly Hallstrom: American TV hostess of the game show, "The Price is Right," from 1977 to 1995.
- Patrick Tissier: French rapist and homicide.
- Marion Bloem: Dutch author director and painter
- Bob Corker: American politician, junior senator of Tennessee
- John Cowan: American singer and bass player (New Grass Revival The Sky Kings and The Doobie Brothers)
- Ian Grob: English race car driver
- Linton Johnson: Jamaican-English poet and singer (Poet and the Roots)
- Mike Shanahan: American football player and coach
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?