Friday 15 August 1952US date format: 8/15/1952, UK date format: 15/8/1952
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo (see birth chart on August 15, 1952). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Bernard Lacombe and Marc Hardy.
Monkey Business, directed by Howard Hawks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while Give The Lady What She Wants by Lloyd Wendt and Herman Kogan was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Meet Your Match.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 August 1952
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 August 1952!
Which were the important events of 15 August 1952 ?
- Hawaii ? Toro Nagashi (Floating Lantern Ceremony) to commemorate the end of the second world war
- Poland ? Polish Armed Forces Day
- Eastern Orthodoxy ? Feast of the Dormition of the Theotokos, the commemoration of the death of Mary, the mother of Jesus.
- RC Saints ? Feast day of the Assumption of Mary, the mother of Jesus, Holy Day of Obligation. Public Holiday in: Austria, Belgium, Cameroon, Chile, C(te d'Ivoire, Croatia, Cyprus, East Timor, France, Greece, India, Italy, Lebanon, Lithuania, Malta, Mauritius, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia and Spain.
- Acadie ? National Day
- Egypt ? Flooding of the Nile Day
- India ? Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1947)
- Korea ? Liberation Day
- Italy ? "Ferragosto", remembrance of an ancient Roman holiday in honor of Augustus (Feriae Augusti)
- Liechtenstein ? Liechtenstein Day
- Tuva ? Tuva Republic Day, Naadym
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Alipius
- St. Arnoul/Arnulphus
- St. MacCartin/Ard/Aed
- The Assumption of Mary - a holy day of obligation
- Ancient Latvia ? M?ras
- Bernard Lacombe: French football (soccer) player, who...
- Marc Hardy
- Ger Hoeymakers: Dutch rock guitarist (Franc Boeijen...
- Chuck Burgi: American drummer (Blue Öyster Cult...
- 19th NFL Chicago All-Star Game: Los Angeles 10, All-Stars 7 (88,316)
- Devon, United Kingdom A flashflood drenches the town of Lynmouth, killing 34 people.
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?