Saturday 23 August 1952
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dalton Reed and Cathy St George.
Big Jim McLain, directed by Edward Ludwig, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 August 1952!
Which were the important events of 23 August 1952 ?
- Astrology - Last day of sun sign Leo in the tropical zodiac
- Swaziland - Umhlanga Day
- Romania - Liberation Day (1944)
- RC Saints - Saint Rose of Lima
- Roman festivals - Vulcanalia
- Dalton Reed: Singer.
- Cathy St George: Norfolk, Virginia -- Playmate (Aug, 1982).
- Mac Cone: Memphis, Tennessee -- Canadian equestrian jumper (1996 Olympics).
- Vicky Leandros: Greek singer and politician.
- Leslie Bogart: American noted family, the daughter of Humphrey Bogart and his wife, Lauren Bacall.
- Gilles Leclerc: French political journalist. From 1 June 2009 to 31 May 2015, he was chairman of the parliamentary channel Public Sénat.
- Santillana : Spanish footballer
- Georgios Paraschos: Greek footballer and manager
- Arab League security pact goes into effect
- Giants Bob Elliot is ejected for arguing a strike, Bobby Hoffman complete his at bat, he strikes out and is also ejected for arguing
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 23 August 1952
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?