Wednesday 27 August 1952
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Paul Reubens and Paul Reubens (aka Pee-wee Herman).
Monkey Business, directed by Howard Hawks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Cruel Sea by Nicholas Monsarrat was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 August 1952!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 27 August 1952 ?
- Moldova - Independence Day (from the USSR, 1991)
- Roman festivals - Volturnalia held in honor of Volturnus
- RC Saints - Saint Monica of Hippo
- Paul Reubens: American comedian better known as Pee-Wee Herman, playing a winsome, goofy young man in a tight suit and lipstick, googly eyes and a smirk, popular with kids and those who appreciate broad physical comedy.
- Paul Reubens (aka Pee-wee Herman): American actor.
- Corinne Desarzens: French writer and journalist born to Swiss parents.
- Marc Gould: American artist, painter, "magic box" maker.
- Emil Zatopek wins 12th olympics marathon (2:23:03.2)
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?