Thursday August 1, 1991
This day in 30 sec.
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 1, 1991). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Marco Puntoriere .
In that special week of August people in US were listening to (Everything I Do) I Do It For You by Bryan Adams.
In UK (Everything I Do) I Do It For You by Bryan Adams was in the top 5 hits.
The Doctor, directed by Randa Haines, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1991
while Parliament Of Whores by P. J. O'Rourke was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Hidden Room.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Chaos World or Fighting Masters.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 August 1991
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 August 1991!
Which were the important events of 1 August 1991 ?
- Orthodox Christianity - Procession of the Cross
- Barbados, Trinidad and Tobago - Emancipation Day
- St. Pellegrini/Peregrinus
- Angola - Armed Forces Day
- Switzerland - National Day
- Benin - National Day
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Kam�l (Perfection) - First day of the eighth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Sts. Faith, Hope, and Charity (sisters).
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Ethelwolf
- Yorkshire, United Kingdom - Yorkshire Day
- People's Republic of China - Anniversary of the Founding of the People's Liberation Army
- Lughnasadh - L� L�nasa, the traditional first day of Autumn in Ireland.
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the liberation of Haile Selassie from slavery
- Nicaragua - Fiesta Day
- Lammas - Neopagan festival of Lammas
- Lebanon - Army's Day (Eid al-Jaysh)
- World Scout Day - anniversary of the first day of the Brownsea Island Camp in 1907, where Robert Baden-Powell began scouting.
- Democratic Republic of Congo - Parent's Day
- Stuart Wilson: Actor (Lethal Weapon 3), dies at 87.
- Actress Hedy Lamarr, 77, arrested for shoplifting in Florida
- Italian / Argentine Soccer star Diego Maradona retires
- Israel agrees to participate in the Madrid Conference of 1991, which is held in October.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1991 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bryan Adams - (Everything I Do) I Do It For You
- Rythm Syndicate - P.A.S.S.I.O.N.
- Jesus Jones - Right Here, Right Now
- DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince - Summertime
- Amy Grant - Every Heartbeat
- Lenny Kravitz - It Ain't Over Til It's Over
- EMF - Unbelievable
- Corina - Temptation
- Roxette - Fading Like A Flower (Every Time You Leave)
- The Escape Club - I'll Be There
Top #10 R&B songs
- D.J. Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince - Summertime
- Hi-Five - I Can't Wait Another Minute
- Gotta Have You (From "Jungle Fever") - Stevie Wonder
- Optimistic - The Sounds Of Blackness
- Peabo Bryson - Can You Stop The Rain
- Baby I'm Ready - Levert
- Nights Like This (From "The Five Heartbeats") - After 7
- Gladys Knight - Men
- Shirley Murdock - In Your Eyes
- Lisa Lisa And Cult Jam - Let The Beat Hit 'Em
Top #10 Latin songs
- Todo Todo Todo - Daniela Romo
- Banda Blanca - Fiesta
- Dejame Llorar - Ricardo Montaner
- Cosas Del Amor - Vikki Carr Y Ana Gabriel
- Todo Mi Corazon - Yuri
- Bailar Pegados - Sergio Dalma
- Mesita De Noche - Victor Victor
- Dime Quien Es - Lisa Lopez
- Navegar En Ti - Braulio
- Amante Del Amor - Luis Miguel
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?