Thursday August 15, 1991US date format: 8/15/1991, UK date format: 15/8/1991
This day in 30 sec.
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo (see birth chart on August 15, 1991). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Abdus Ibrahim and Petja Piiroinen.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to (Everything I Do) I Do It For You by Bryan Adams.
In UK (Everything I Do) I Do It For You by Bryan Adams was in the top 5 hits.
The Man in the Moon, directed by Robert Mulligan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1991
while The Firm by John Grisham was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Roc.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing D/Generation or Champion of the Raj.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 August 1991
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 August 1991!
Which were the important events of 15 August 1991 ?
- Hawaii ? Toro Nagashi (Floating Lantern Ceremony) to commemorate the end of the second world war
- Poland ? Polish Armed Forces Day
- Eastern Orthodoxy ? Feast of the Dormition of the Theotokos, the commemoration of the death of Mary, the mother of Jesus.
- RC Saints ? Feast day of the Assumption of Mary, the mother of Jesus, Holy Day of Obligation. Public Holiday in: Austria, Belgium, Cameroon, Chile, C(te d'Ivoire, Croatia, Cyprus, East Timor, France, Greece, India, Italy, Lebanon, Lithuania, Malta, Mauritius, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia and Spain.
- Acadie ? National Day
- Egypt ? Flooding of the Nile Day
- India ? Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1947)
- Korea ? Liberation Day
- Italy ? "Ferragosto", remembrance of an ancient Roman holiday in honor of Augustus (Feriae Augusti)
- Liechtenstein ? Liechtenstein Day
- Tuva ? Tuva Republic Day, Naadym
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Alipius
- St. Arnoul/Arnulphus
- St. MacCartin/Ard/Aed
- The Assumption of Mary - a holy day of obligation
- Ancient Latvia ? M?ras
Famous Birthdays:15 August
- Marietta Tree: United Nations Commissioner of Human...
- 750,000 attend Paul Simon's free concert in Central Park, New York.
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1991 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bryan Adams - (Everything I Do) I Do It For You
- Amy Grant - Every Heartbeat
- Lenny Kravitz - It Ain't Over Til It's Over
- DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince - Summertime
- Roxette - Fading Like A Flower (Every Time You Leave)
- Corina - Temptation
- Rythm Syndicate - P.A.S.S.I.O.N.
- The Escape Club - I'll Be There
- Scorpions - Wind Of Change
- The KLF - 3 A.M. Eternal
Top #10 R&B songs
- Peabo Bryson - Can You Stop The Rain
- Gladys Knight - Men
- D.J. Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince - Summertime
- Hi-Five - I Can't Wait Another Minute
- BeBe & CeCe Winans - Addictive Love
- Lisa Lisa And Cult Jam - Let The Beat Hit 'Em
- Shirley Murdock - In Your Eyes
- Vesta - Special
- Heavy D & The Boyz - Now That We Found Love
- Optimistic - The Sounds Of Blackness
Top #10 Latin songs
- Todo Todo Todo - Daniela Romo
- Dejame Llorar - Ricardo Montaner
- Banda Blanca - Fiesta
- Cosas Del Amor - Vikki Carr Y Ana Gabriel
- Ahora - Ana Gabriel
- Mesita De Noche - Victor Victor
- Todo Mi Corazon - Yuri
- Dime Quien Es - Lisa Lopez
- El Sancho - La Sombra
- Bailar Pegados - Sergio Dalma
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?