Monday 19 August 1991
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Brock O'Hurn and Nathan Lopez.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to (Everything I Do) I Do It For You by Bryan Adams.
In UK (Everything I Do) I Do It For You by Bryan Adams was in the top 5 hits.
Barton Fink, directed by Joel Coen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1991
while The Kitchen God'S Wife by Amy Tan was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Best of the Worst.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bubble Bath Babes or Commander Keen: Keen Dreams.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 August 1991!
Which were the important events of 19 August 1991 ?
- Roman festivals - Vinalia Rustica celebrated in honor of Venus Libitina commemorating the founding of the oldest known temple to her, on the Esquiline Hill, in 293 BC on this date.
- RC saints - Saint Sebald, Saint Louis of Toulouse, Jean-Eudes de MTzeray
- Afghanistan - Afghan Independence Day see above: 1919
- National Day of the Filipino Language, Philippines - Holiday for Quezon City, Quezon Province and other municipalities named after Manuel Quezon
- National Aviation Day, USA
Famous Birthdays:19 August
- Janajev and KGB coup in Russia deposes Mikhail Gorbachev
- Janel Bishop, 17, of New Hampshire, crowned 9th Miss Teen USA
- dissolution of the Soviet Union, August Coup: Soviet President Mikhail Gorbachev is placed under house arrest while on holiday in the town of Foros, Crimea.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 19 August 1991
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1991 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bryan Adams - (Everything I Do) I Do It For You
- Lenny Kravitz - It Ain't Over Til It's Over
- Amy Grant - Every Heartbeat
- Roxette - Fading Like A Flower (Every Time You Leave)
- DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince - Summertime
- Corina - Temptation
- Scorpions - Wind Of Change
- Paula Abdul - The Promise Of A New Day
- The KLF - 3 A.M. Eternal
- Hi-Five - I Can't Wait Another Minute
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?