Friday 28 December 1928
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Kamillo Lendvay and René Domingo.
The Sixth Sense, directed by Eusebio Fernndez Ardavn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
while The Bridge of San Luis by Rey Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching British Movietone News.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 December 1928!
Which were the important events of 28 December 1928 ?
- The third day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Calendar of Saints - Feast of the Holy Innocents, a.k.a. Childermas, commemorating the Massacre of the Innocents on order of king Herod the Great. In Spain and Latin American countries the festival is celebrated in a manner similar to April Fool's Day.
- Kamillo Lendvay: Composer.
- René Domingo: French soccer player.
- Bill Gradison: American investment broker, and politician, a Republican congressman from Ohio between 1975-1993.
- Rene Domingo: France sport Champion.
- Claus Landsittel: Germany Actor.
- Moe Koffman: Canadian flute player saxophonist and composer (d. 2001)
- Last recording of Ma Rainey, Mother of the Blues, made
- Louis Armstrong makes 78 recording of West End blues
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1928 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- My Blackbirds are Bluebirds Now - Ruth Etting
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?