Monday 1 August 2011
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 1, 2011). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Party Rock Anthem by LMFAO.
The Help, directed by Tate Taylor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Against All Enemies by Tom Clancy with Peter Telep was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Black Dynamite.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Army Corps of Hell or A Certain Magical Index.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 August 2011
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 August 2011!
Which were the important events of 1 August 2011 ?
- Orthodox Christianity - Procession of the Cross
- Barbados, Trinidad and Tobago - Emancipation Day
- St. Pellegrini/Peregrinus
- Angola - Armed Forces Day
- Switzerland - National Day
- Benin - National Day
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Kam�l (Perfection) - First day of the eighth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Sts. Faith, Hope, and Charity (sisters).
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Ethelwolf
- Yorkshire, United Kingdom - Yorkshire Day
- People's Republic of China - Anniversary of the Founding of the People's Liberation Army
- Lughnasadh - L� L�nasa, the traditional first day of Autumn in Ireland.
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the liberation of Haile Selassie from slavery
- Nicaragua - Fiesta Day
- Lammas - Neopagan festival of Lammas
- Lebanon - Army's Day (Eid al-Jaysh)
- World Scout Day - anniversary of the first day of the Brownsea Island Camp in 1907, where Robert Baden-Powell began scouting.
- Democratic Republic of Congo - Parent's Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 01 August
- At least 11 people, including 5 suspects, are killed and 15 others are injured on Sunday's violence in China's Xinjiang region, raising the death toll to 20 over the weekend attacks in Kashgar. (''The Guardian'')
- 2011 Syrian uprising:
- More than 142 people are killed across the country in a continuing crackdown on protests. (Al Jazeera)
- Russia calls for an end to the ampquotuse of forceampquot against civilians. (''The Moscow Times'')
- The Lebanese Armed Forces exchanged fire with the Israeli Defense Forces patrolling the border, with one Lebanese soldier being injured. (''Jerusalem Post'')
- The HSBC bank announces plans to cut 5,000 jobs now and 25,000 by 2013. (Reuters)
- Foxconn Technology, a computer assembler headquartered in Taiwan, plans to add one million robots to its plants over the next three years, according to a Reuters report. (Reuters)
- BBC journalists stage another 24-hour strike in protest at planned redundancies. (''The Guardian'')
- Anna Bligh, the Premier of Queensland, releases the results of an inquiry into the 2010–2011 Queensland floods which killed 35 people. (''Courier Mail'')
- The Italian news agency Agenzia Nazionale Stampa Associata reports that 25 refugees have been found dead in a boat off the coast of Lampedusa. (CNN)
- Tropical Storm Emily forms in the Atlantic Ocean with tropical storm warnings issued for Puerto Rico, Guadeloupe, Desirade, Les Saintes, Marie Galante and the Dominican Republic. (NOLA.com)
- North Korea agrees to further talks with the United States as part of efforts to restore Six Party talks on its nuclear weapons program. (Yonhap)
- South Korea bans three Japanese lawmakers all from the Liberal Democratic Party due to an assertion of Japanese sovereignty over the Liancourt Rocks. (Yonhap)
- Kevin Rudd, the Minister for Foreign Affairs and former Prime Minister of Australia, goes into hospital to have the aortic valve in his heart replaced. (''Courier Mail'')
- 2011 U.S. debt ceiling crisis
- More than twenty protesters are arrested after disrupting debate in the House. (''Washington Post'')
- Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords makes her first appearance on Capitol Hill since the 2011 Tucson shootings to cast her vote amongst applause. (''Washington Post'')
- The United States Senate fails to pass a bill ending the partial shutdown of the Federal Aviation Administration. (AP)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 1 August 2011
Division 2Football (France)
- Monaco - Boulogne : 0 - 0
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in August 2011?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- I'm On One - DJ Khaled Featuring Drake, Rick Ross & Lil Wayne
- Motivation - Kelly Rowland Featuring Lil Wayne
- Sure Thing - Miguel
- How To Love - Lil Wayne
- She Ain't You - Chris Brown
- My Last - Big Sean Featuring Chris Brown
- Nicki Minaj - Super Bass
- Unusual - Trey Songz Featuring Drake
- Man Down - Rihanna
- Far Away - Marsha Ambrosius
Top #10 Latin songs
- Give Me Everything - Pitbull Featuring Ne-Yo, Afrojack & Nayer
- Taboo - Don Omar
- Ven A Bailar - Jennifer Lopez Featuring Pitbull
- You - Romeo Santos
- Te Amo y Te Amo - La Adictiva Banda San Jose de Mesillas
- Di Que Regresaras - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- Prometi - Intocable
- Cuanto Me Cuesta - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- No Me Dejes Con Las Ganas - Los Horoscopos de Durango
- Amor Clandestino - Mana
Top #10 Rock songs
- The Adventures Of Rain Dance Maggie - Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Walk - Foo Fighters
- Country Song - Seether
- Foster The People - Pumped Up Kicks
- Rope - Foo Fighters
- Coldplay - Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall
- So Far Away - Avenged Sevenfold
- Lies Of The Beautiful People - Sixx: A.M.
- You Are A Tourist - Death Cab For Cutie
- Sublime With Rome - Panic
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $42.59
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $103.47
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $83.31
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $35.40
- 1 CHF = 8.2112 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.7306 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.8194 CHF
- 1 AUD = 7.062 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?