Wednesday 13 August 1941
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jim Barnes and Erin Fleming.
The Little Foxes, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
while For Whom the Bell Tolls by Ernest Hemingwa was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 August 1941!
Which were the important events of 13 August 1941 ?
- International Lefthanders Day
- St. Wigbert
- RC saints - Pontianus and Hippolytus, Radegunde (help against the pox), Cassianus of Imola (patron of shorthand-writers)
- In Brasil, Friday 13 August (agosto) is considered to be especially filled with sorrow (desgosto)
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 6 saints: St. Hippolytus
- St. Cassian
- St. John Berchmans
- St. John Bosco
- St. Radegund
- Roman festivals - Vertumnalias in honor of Vertumnus, and also Diana, on the Aventine hill
- Jim Barnes: Tuckerton, Arkansas -- Basketball player (1964 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Erin Fleming: Canadian actress (d. 2003).
- Jim French: American baseball player, a left-hitting/right throwing catcher with the Washington Senators between 1965 and 1971.
- Christian Hanburger: American football linebacker in the National Football League who played his entire fourteen-year career with the Washington Redskins from 1965 to 1978.
- Christian Hamburger: Fort Bragg sports Champions.
- Red army evacuates Smolensk
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?