Friday 1 February 1985
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on February 1, 1985). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jodi Gordon and David Ousted.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to I Want To Know What Love Is by Foreigner.
In UK I Want To Know What Love Is by Foreigner was in the top 5 hits.
Fuk sing go jiu, directed by Sammo Kam-Bo Hung, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while If Tomorrow Comes by Sidney Sheldon was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Fast Forward.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Legend of Kage or Talisman.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 February 1985
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 February 1985!
Which were the important events of 1 February 1985 ?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- The start of Black History Month in the United States.
- Imbolc - the first day of Spring in Ireland (Irish Calendar), one of the eight solar holidays in the Wheel of the Year.
- St. Veridiana
- Jodi Gordon: Australian actress and model.
- David Ousted
- Rachael Scdoris: American dog musher.
- Dean Shiels: Irish footballer.
- Cards trade D Green, Jose Uribe, Dave LaPoint to Giants for Jack Clark
- -61 degrees F (-52 degrees C), Maybell, Colorado (state record).
- US female Figure Skating championship won by Tiffany Chin.
- -69 degrees F (-56 degrees C), Peter's Sink, Utah (state record).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in February 1985?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Foreigner - I Want To Know What Love Is
- Philip Bailey - Easy Lover
- Wham! - Careless Whisper
- You're The Inspiration - Chicago
- Billy Ocean - Loverboy
- Don Henley - The Boys Of Summer
- Madonna - Like A Virgin
- Prince - I Would Die 4 U
- Method Of Modern Love - Daryl Hall & John Oates
- Pointer Sisters - Neutron Dance
Top #10 R&B songs
- New Edition - Mr. Telephone Man
- Eugene Wilde - Gotta Get You Home Tonight
- Kool & The Gang - Misled
- The Gap Band - Beep A Freak
- Paul Hardcastle - Rain Forest
- Stevie Wonder - Love Light In Flight
- The Temptations - Treat Her Like A Lady
- Diana Ross - Missing You
- Klymaxx - The Men All Pause
- Madonna - Like A Virgin
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?