Saturday 16 February 1985
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on February 16, 1985). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Stacy Lewis and Ron Vlaar.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Careless Whisper by Wham!.
In UK I Know Him So Well by Elaine Paige & Barbara Dickson was in the top 5 hits.
The Purple Rose of Cairo, directed by Woody Allen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while Strong Medicine by Arthur Hailey was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Fast Forward.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Gyroscope or Blackwyche.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 February 1985
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 February 1985!
Which were the important events of 16 February 1985 ?
- Saint Juliana
- Saint Lucilla
- Remembrance of Lambertus
- Saint Jeremias
- Saints Daniel, Samuel and Elias
- Kyoto Protocol Day (2005)
- Lithuania - Independence Day (1918)
- Stacy Lewis
- Ron Vlaar: Dutch footballer.
- Zoi Dimoschaki: Greek swimmer.
- Haley Giraldo: American noted family, daughter of Neil Giraldo and pop singer Pat Benatar.
- Kara Lindsay: Stage Actress.
- Simon Francis: English footballer.
- Larry Ward: Actor (Frank Ragan-Dakotas), dies at 69.
- New Jersey Devils score their fastest hat trick in 42 seconds
- Largest NBA crowd to date, 43,816, sees Philadelphia 76ers at Detroit Pistons.
- Livingston Bramble defeats Ray "Boom Boom" Mancini to win WBA champion.
- Hezbollah is founded.
- William J. Schroeder becomes the first artificial heart patient to leave the hospital.
- China Airlines Flight 006 is involved in a mid-air incident while there are twenty two minor injuries and two serious injuries, no one is killed.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Wham! - Careless Whisper
- Foreigner - I Want To Know What Love Is
- Philip Bailey - Easy Lover
- Billy Ocean - Loverboy
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Method Of Modern Love
- Pointer Sisters - Neutron Dance
- REO Speedwagon - Can't Fight This Feeling
- Glenn Frey - The Heat Is On
- Don Henley - The Boys Of Summer
- David Lee Roth - California Girls
Top #10 R&B songs
- New Edition - Mr. Telephone Man
- The Gap Band - Beep A Freak
- Diana Ross - Missing You
- Kool & The Gang - Misled
- Klymaxx - The Men All Pause
- Easy Lover - Philip Bailey With Phil Collins
- Jeffrey Osborne - The Borderlines
- Eugene Wilde - Gotta Get You Home Tonight
- Sheena Easton - Sugar Walls
- Paul Hardcastle - Rain Forest
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?