Monday 14 February 2011, Valentine's Day
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Black And Yellow by Wiz Khalifa.
Just Go with It, directed by Dennis Dugan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Shadowfever by Karen Marie Moning was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Checking In.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Angry Birds Rio or Lego Battles: Ninjago.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 February 2011!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 14 February 2011 ?
- Denmark - Fastelavn. Children dress up, much like Halloween in the US.
- Arizona - Admission Day (1912).
- Mexico - Day of National Mourning (1831).
- Oregon - Admission Day (1859).
- Western World - Valentine's Day.
- Iraq - 'Communist Martyrs Day' celebrated by Iraqi Communist Party.
- Europe/Catholicism - Feast day of Saints Cyril and Methodius, patron saints of Europe.
- Saint Abraham (d. 422)
- Saint Valentine (d. 422).
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 14 February
- George Shearing: Anglo-American jazz pianist (Born 1919).
- The 2011 Bahraini uprising commenced.
- At least seven people are killed in clashes between rival militant groups in Somalia. (AFP via Google News)
- Julian Assange's mother criticises leading figures in the U.S. government who called for her son's assassination on television, and expresses concerns that her son is being targeted by an American fatwā similar to the one brought against the writer Salman Rushdie in 1989. (''Herald Sun'')
- The FARC organisation in Colombia releases a fourth hostage in the past week. (BBC)
- 2011 Iranian protests:
- Anti-regime protests are due to occur in Iran. (Al Jazeera)
- Reports said that hundreds of protesters are in Azadi Square. (Bloomberg)
- Tear gas is fired by police to disperse the opposition protesters. (Al Jazeera)
- A protestor dies in Tehran. (Reuters)
- 2011 Bahraini protests:
- Injuries and deaths occur. (Al Jazeera).
- Al-Wefaq MPs step down in protest at violence against pro-democracy demonstrators. (Gulf News)
- Other 2010–2011 Arab world protests:
- New protests erupt in Egypt demanding a civilian leadership, an end to the emergency law and better pay. (BBC)
- Newly released cables show U.S. officials referring to the head of Egypt's military Mohamed Hussein Tantawi as ampquotold and resistant to changeampquot. (''The Guardian'')
- Protesters, including scholars and academics, in Gaza request that Egypt open the Rafah border. (Ma'an News Agency)
- 2011 Yemeni protests: Street battles take place between protesters and police in the Yemeni capital Sana'a. (Al Jazeera)
- 2010–2011 Algerian protests: Youths clash with security forces in the northern Algerian town of Akbou. (''Malaysia Sun'')
- The Algerian government says it will the end the state of emergency, in place since 1992, ampquotwithin a few daysampquot. (''Times of India'')
- A British Army soldier from 2nd Battalion, The Parachute Regiment is killed in an explosion in Afghanistan. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Wiz Khalifa - Black And Yellow
- Bruno Mars - Grenade
- Katy Perry - Firework
- F**kin' Perfect - P!nk
- Dr. Dre - I Need A Doctor
- Enrique Iglesias - Tonight (I'm Lovin' You)
- Far*East Movement - Rocketeer
- Rihanna - What's My Name?
- Pitbull - Hey Baby (Drop It To The Floor)
- Britney Spears - Hold It Against Me
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 14 February 2011
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Erzgebirge Aue - Munich 1860 : 1 - 0
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Mallorca - Ath Bilbao : 1 - 0
Division 2Football (France)
- Metz - Ajaccio : 2 - 2
Premier LeagueUK Soccer
- Fulham - Chelsea : 0 - 0
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?