Friday 25 February 2011
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Paola Laurentien .
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Born This Way by Lady GaGa.
L'argent, directed by Marcel L'Herbier, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while The Secret Soldier by Alex Berenson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Chatney.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Chaos Rings Omega or Combat of Giants: Dinosaurs 3D.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 February 2011!
Which were the important events of 25 February 2011 ?
- Blessed Romeo
- Kuwait's national day.
- People Power Day, special holiday in the Philippines.
- Saint Klaudian
- Saint Walburgis
- Saint Adeltrude
- Saint Cesar
- Paola Laurentien: Dutch royalty, she is the second daughter of Princess Margarita of Bourbon-Parma and her husband Tjalling ten Cate.
- In the Irish general election, the Fianna Fail-led government suffered the worst defeat of a sitting government since the formation of the Irish state in 1921.
- 2011 Iraqi protests
- At least twenty-nine are killed in a ampquotDay of Rageampquot protesting against economic problems and corruption in the country. (Washington Post)
- 2011 Bahraini protests
- Thousands of people stage an anti-government protest in the capital Manama, on a day of mourning declared by the government following the deaths of protesters. (Reuters)
- 2011 Libyan civil war
- Leader Muammar Gaddafi addresses a crowd of supporters in the capital Tripoli. (USA Today)
- More defections take place with a Libyan envoy to the United Nations changing sides during a meeting at the U.N. Human Rights Council in Geneva. (AFP via ''Melbourne Herald-Sun'')
- The President of the United States Barack Obama announces sanctions against the government of Libya as does the European Union. (''Los Angeles Times'')
- 2011 Yemeni protests, (Dow Jones via Trading Charts)
- Tens of thousands of people participate in anti-government protests in Yemen, leaving one dead and several people injured. (Sify India)
- 2011 Egyptian protests: Egyptian protestors claims that the Egyptian Army beat them up in Cairo's Tahrir Square. (''New York Times'')
- Rebels in the Ivory Coast seize another town from the control of incumbent President Laurent Gbagbo, who refused to step down following a disputed presidential election. Unrest occurs in the capital Yamoussoukro. (BBC)
- Victorian era photographs and parole details for women prisoners in the United Kingdom are published on Ancestry.com. (''The Guardian'')
- The video game ''Mortal Kombat'' is refused classification in Australia. (Kotaku)
- Christian Dior suspends fashion designer John Galliano following his arrest in Paris for allegedly making an anti-Semetic rant towards a couple in a cafe as well as an assault. (Vogue)
- The population of Japan records its slowest increase since Japan first held a census. (AP via ''Jakarta Post'')
- A Seoul court orders Chung Mong-koo, the Chairman of the South Korean Hyundai Kia Automotive Group, to pay US$73.1 million in compensation to his own company. (Yonhap)
- 2011 Canterbury earthquake
- The death toll from the 2011 Canterbury earthquake in New Zealand rises to 113 with at least 226 people missing. (TV New Zealand)
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2011 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 25 February 2011
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Wolfsburg - M'gladbach : 2 - 1
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Cottbus - Frankfurt FSV : 2 - 1
- Oberhausen - Duisburg : 0 - 0
- Union Berlin - Munich 1860 : 0 - 1
La Liga Segunda DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Tenerife - Xerez : 2 - 1
Division 2Football (France)
- Evian Thonon Gaillard - Dijon : 0 - 2
- Istres - Angers : 1 - 1
- Laval - Boulogne : 4 - 0
- Le Mans - Sedan : 1 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?