Saturday 12 February 2011
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on February 12, 2011). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Grenade by Bruno Mars.
Chalet Girl, directed by Phil Traill, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Call Me Irresistible by Susan Elizabeth Phillips was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Rango.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Ace Combat: Assault Horizon or Beep.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 February 2011
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 February 2011!
Which were the important events of 12 February 2011 ?
- United States - Lincoln's Birthday (traditionally).
- Saint Alexis of Moscow
- Saint Benedict of Aniane
- Red Hand Day
- Darwin Day.
- National Freedom to Marry Day (unofficial).
- Georgia Day in the U.S. state of Georgia.
- Saint Damian of Alexandria
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 12 February
- 2010–2011 Algerian protests:
- Thousands of people, inspired by the Egyptian Revolution of 2011, take to the streets of Algiers to protest against their own regime and to call for the removal of President Abdelaziz Bouteflika. (''Herald Sun'')
- Algerian police and security forces attempt to prevent the people from participating in the illegal march for democracy and change in Algiers. (Xinhua)
- The Algerian government shuts down the internet as tear gas and plastic bullets are deployed and journalists, especially those seen with cameras, targeted by state-sponsored thugs. (''The Daily Telegraph'')
- Thousands of riot police crack down on those protesting against the ruling Bouteflika regime. Protesters chant ampquotBouteflika out!ampquot ''(The Daily Telegraph)''
- International response to the 2010–2011 Algerian protests:
- A demonstration occurs from the streets of Montreal in Canada to the front of the Algerian consulate as people, including many Tunisians and Egyptians, join international calls for Abdelaziz Bouteflika's resignation. (''Montreal Gazette'')
- A peaceful protest occurs at the initiative of the National Coordination for Change and Democracy in Algeria in Paris against Algerian police brutality, forced disappearances and the state of emergency that the regime has imposed upon the country. (CNN)
- 2011 Yemeni protests:
- Thousands of anti-government protesters gather in Sana'a calling for the resignation of President Ali Abdullah Saleh, who has ruled the country since 1978. (AFP via Google News)
- Anti-government protesters march towards Sana'a University, chanting slogans such as ampquotGet out, Get out Aliampquot and ampquotThe people want the regime to fall.ampquot (Press TV)
- Demonstrators also attempt to celebrate yesterday's resignation of President of Egypt Hosni Mubarak, brought down by an 18-day popular revolution, but police clamp down on the celebrations. (BBC)
- Yemeni police use clubs to beat those protesting against the Saleh regime, leaving Yemen's ally, the United States, in a ampquotdelicate positionampquot. (Radio New Zealand)
- The United States lifts its ban on freight flights from the country after finding Yemen to have sufficiently developed its airport security measures and that there would be ampquotno problems with resuming cargo flights from Yemen anymoreampquot. (''Yemen Post'')
- Mehbooba Mufti, People's Democratic Party (PDP) president, criticises the Jammu and Kashmir government for ampquotdismissing the Kashmiri youth who led the summer unrestampquot as drug addicts and people from the Lashkar-e-Taiba, saying the situation is akin to Egypt and announcing protest demonstrations for 14 February. (''The Hindu'')
- An attack on police headquarters in Kandahar, Afghanistan, kills 16 officers and 3 civilians, and injures 53 others. (Al Jazeera)
- The Government of Italy declares a humanitarian emergency after thousands of Tunisian immigrants land on the small island of Lampedusa. (Al-Jazeera)
- At least 33 people die following a suicide bombing near the Iraqi city of Samarra. (AFP via Yahoo News)
- Turkey releases its inquiry into the Gaza flotilla raid, finding Israel violated international law and used ampquotexcessive, indiscriminate and disproportionate forceampquot during the attack. (AP via Google)
- The extent of looting of the Egyptian Museum in Cairo during the 2011 Egyptian protests is worse than previously announced. (''New York Times'')
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 12 February 2011
Serie AItalian Football
- Milan - Parma : 4 - 0
- Roma - Napoli : 0 - 2
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Anderlecht - Cercle Brugge : 1 - 0
- Club Brugge - Waregem : 2 - 0
- Lierse - Germinal : 2 - 2
- Lokeren - Charleroi : 1 - 1
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Bayern Munich - Hoffenheim : 4 - 0
- Ein Frankfurt - Leverkusen : 0 - 3
- Kaiserslautern - Dortmund : 1 - 1
- Schalke 04 - Freiburg : 1 - 0
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Aachen - Frankfurt FSV : 2 - 1
- Greuther Furth - Cottbus : 3 - 1
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in February 2011?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Fall For Your Type - Jamie Foxx Featuring Drake
- Can't Be Friends - Trey Songz
- What's My Name? - Rihanna Featuring Drake
- Keri Hilson - Pretty Girl Rock
- Moment 4 Life - Nicki Minaj Featuring Drake
- No BS - Chris Brown
- 6 Foot 7 Foot - Lil Wayne Featuring Cory Gunz
- Aston Martin Music - Rick Ross Featuring Drake & Chrisette Michele
- No Hands - Waka Flocka Flame Featuring Roscoe Dash & Wale
- Wiz Khalifa - Black And Yellow
Top #10 Latin songs
- Lo Mejor De Mi Vida Eres Tu - Ricky Martin Featuring Natalia Jimenez
- Danza Kuduro - Don Omar & Lucenzo
- Ni Lo Intentes - Julion Alvarez y Su Norteno Banda
- Loca - Shakira Featuring El Cata
- Corazon Sin Cara - Prince Royce
- Me Encantaria - Fidel Rueda
- Bon, Bon - Pitbull
- No Me Digas Que No - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Wisin & Yandel
- Arrastrando Las Patas - Larry Hernandez
- Me Duele - Roberto Tapia
Top #10 Rock songs
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?